Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sydney loves food. She actually loves SNACKS. Sometimes at night I hear, 'I wanna a snack!', echoing through my head. She loves snacks. She eats great at breakfast and lunch but dinner is another story
It is like pulling teeth to get her to eat her dinner. I will make her favorite thing and it just sits in the bowl waiting to be consumed.

Latley we have been sitting at the dinner table and hour + till she at least has a couple of substantial bits of food. Her trick usually is to say, " I am not hungry." or " I don't like this food." and then about 10 min later say, " I wanna a snack!".

So last night at dinner in a ploy to get some food in her belly I offer to help her eat. I get the spagehtii on the fork and say "okay, open up big for the pasgehtti!" and she responds with, ' I will not open for you. My mouth is closed for 4 days. ( if only this were really true!). You can not put food in me."


She is now in the , not only NO phase, but the ' No, I will not' phase. Points for full sentences.


Our meal usually ends with bit after bite of cold food followed by gagging and closed pressed eyes as each bite goes down.


No comments: