Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stella


One of the many joys that Stella brings to my life are when we are getting ready for bed. When I put Stella on the changing table and start to get her into her jammies, she starts to get the giggles. They aren't just the 'that tickles' giggles. it is more the I am so giddy and excited to got to bed giggles. i love it! She really just loves getting ready for bed.



On a side note...the night time has not been so easy for us lately. I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but since Stella was about a month old I have not been able to eat any dairy products. Evey time I eat dairy Stella has horrible gas and adominal pain. So For the past 5 months I have avoided dairy except eggs and butter. It has been a great discovery because it was so miserable for all o fus when she was in so much pain and crying all the time.

Well, Stell is now 6 1/2 months and I thought it was time to see if she was still having the same issues with dairy. I really didn't want to have to think about if there was dairy in what I ate during the holidays. So I had a couple of days of almost dairy bliss. I ate cheese. Lots of cheese. I had yogurt. Pancakes with milk in the mix, desserts with milk in the batter, sour cream and cheese on my tacos. But low and behold 3 days into my cheese fest, Stella was showing the same symptoms again. So now I am back to a life without dairy. I will have to wait to have my latte or my cookie dough ice cream. I am so thankful Stella is such a wonderful, funny, sweet, beautiful child. She's what makes giving those things up a piece of cake. Oh cake!

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Oh you're such a sweet mama to live without your lattes for your little one. That would be soo hard for me =). Glad we could link back to your blog from ours! Lanny