Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February beach days!

It has been so beautiful this Feb. I think I can handle this type of weather. Now I know it is not always like this. As I type this it is a mixed sun/rain day outside. But I still am in the mode of when it is sunny out you play hard because it may be a while before you see it shining again. A lifestyle left over from living in the Northwest for 8 years.
We really took full advantage of the weather and were at the beach every chance we could get. I actually got sun burnt on my chest. Crazy.
One day we went to the beach with some friends and they buried each other in the sand. Stella LOVED it. She had a cute little smile on her face the whole time. She laid as still and a rock. Sand being poured everywhere. She loved it.



I have always loved the beach and the ocean. it was my happy place to think, soak up the sun, listen to the waves, to just be. I now love it for more reasons. The minute we set our feet on the sand the girls come alive. No matter how much whining, grumpiness, or fighting happened in the car or at home before the beach bring laughter, exploration, fun and peace. So thankful for God's creation.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: