Sunday, June 07, 2009

Stella's 1st Birthday!

On May 23rd we celebrated Stellas first birthday ( Yea I know it is June 7th, but better to post it late than never). We can not believe that it has been a year since she was born. Where in the world has this year gone?
What a celebration it was. Stella is such a beautiful little girl. Inside and out. She has such a loving and carefree personality. Yes, I know she is only one, but I truely think these are qualities that stand out in her. She is quick to smile, she loves giving hugs and snuggles. SHe laughs with her whole belly and face. She is such a joy. She has added so much laughter and love to our family. I am so blessed to be her mom.
This past year has been pretty rough. She had such a hard time with reflux, food intolerences, her blood count and sleeping habits. It has put some age on me I think. I have MANY more gray hairs and wrinkles to prove it. BUt despite all its difficulties I couldn't imagine life without our Sweet Stella and love her all the more for those grey hairs.
Here are some pictures from her party:








3 comments:

Christi said...

What a sweet girl and an amazing mom! Praying the sleep struggles turn around soon!

amy said...

she is so adorable - i can't wait to see you all again! :) one month!!!

The Yorks said...

I can't believe she's already one too! WHERE has this year gone? I am so bummed that I have not even met her yet!! So excited for you guys to come and visit! Allison, I love that you embrace the beauty of mommyhood with such humility and grace. You rock. Love you guys so much.

Also, I love Nate's straw hat.