Thursday, January 20, 2011

Big week

We had an interesting week of injuries. Sydney has not (knock on wood) had any major injuries. Cuts and scrapes, bruising etc. But there has never been a moment where I have had the inner thought of, " Oh my goodness if this wasn't my child I would be making a big OH NOOOOOOOOOO, That looks horrible face." But Today was that day. Sydney was down at the bouldering wall outside our backyard. She goes down there often to boulder around, play in the mud and just watch the trees. Today she came running up the hill whimpering. I heard her and then she rounded the corner and I saw this:
This picture is after I cleaned it up, but it was quite a shock since she wasn't hysterically crying, just a whimper. It is the biggest goose egg I have seen on either of my kids. Stella has had a couple good ones
She was a trooper. Sat with some ice on it and the swelling went down for a while. But around dinner time it looked like the swelling had started up again. We iced and by morning there was just a small bump. Pretty bad . Oh, she was running toward the bouldering wall, tripped and head butted the wall........OUCH!
Then Stella looked like this for most of one morning into the afternoon.

She had a one of three cavities filled. Yes , THREE cavities. Poor kid. I swear we brush her teeth. Maybe not everyday twice a day, but they do get brushed. She did so great at the dentist. She had Novocain, laughing gas, and quite a bit of tooth drilling. I was so proud of her. She laid on my lap and didn't even flinch. Just sat and did what the dentist told her to do.
I love that the side of her face is slowly drooping. It was pretty cute.
I think I have some tough kids!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: