Monday, January 10, 2011

Church

On Sunday went up Highway 1 a bit yesterday to see if we could see any elephant seals and play on the beach. It was a gorgeous day! We found a great little hike along the cliffs with some rock filled coves to explore.We did see one elephant seal on this beach. it is almost right out from Sydney's elbow. It looks like a big clump of seaweed or a rock. it moved a bunch for us. The girls loved it. Stella, I think, was a little disappointed when she saw what an elephant seal REALLY looked like. I would have loved to see the picture she had in her mind
There were a ton of shells and flat rocks everywhere. We all had pockets full of tiny treasures.
While we were eating lunch Sydney said, " I am so glad we did this rather than go to church today!". I too was glad that we weren't sitting inside a building , but tried to explain and start to impress on her brain that Church is not just on Sundays in a building. She thought about that one for a bit and responded, " Oh yea, right!".
I was so thankful for the beautiful creation around us. The crashing waves, the tiny intricate shells, the warm sun, and my wonderful family. I am not sure I have had a better Sunday morning at Church.

No comments: