Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ode to summer

We have been busy the last couple of weeks. I love Portland so much. There is so much to do here as a family. I am a wee bit sad that there are signs of fall around the corner. I will miss all the great things about a Portland summer. Here are things I will miss:


1. Jamison park and all the fun free, and clean water holes for kids. Syndey just loved the wadding pools and the 'waterfalls'. She was much more daring this year, she actually stuck her face in the water.










2. You can't tell from the pictures but this is taken at McMenamins Edgfield ( where we had our Wedding reception) on Thursday Red SHed free concert. I love sitting back sipping a beer ( only sips this summer due to breastfeeding, dahhh! ;) ) and listening to great music and being with family. Sydney got a more brave this year. She started to dance to the music and made some fun friends to play with.
Not only did we go to Edgefield for music, there is free outdoor music almost everynight of the week in portland. We heard a lot of music. The Symphony, folk, blues, etc. It was great!






3. Farmers Markets!! I will miss all the berries, freshfruit, corner musicians, free tasters and all the beautifull food.

We had a great summer going to the park, going hiking, camping, to the beach, swimming, Idaho, having family come visit. Here are some more snap shots of our summer...








So have I convinced any of you to move here yet??

2 comments:

Christi said...

Yes, that definitely makes me miss Portland summers. The falls are awesome too, though, huh?

The Photographer said...

The final pic of your summer pictures is sooo cute of the two girls, don't you just love having them? I am enjoying them more and more everyday. Well, you have convinced me to move there! Looks great!