Monday, September 22, 2008

So, I never thought I would see the day that my daughter would be wearing, or even into, a princess dress. Well, that day has come. Sydney actually has two princesses dresses. One was made by her nana, Nates mom. Sydney specifically asked for this dress. It was made to look like a dress Sister Bear wore, from the Bearenstain Bear books. Every time she wears it she says she is on stage and she does some cute little dance.

The other dress is one my mom, grandma, bought her. It is a Cinderella dress. It is very fancy. It even came with white gloves. This is a conversation from the other day.


S- do you like my ovens?

A- your what?

S- my ovens. Do you like them? ( this time she is touching each arm where her gloves are.)

A- Oh, do you mean your gloves?

S- Yea my oven mitts


Don't you just wonder what in the world is going through a little mind when they put those things together. Of course Sydney has never seen me wear White gloves. And the only gloves she has seen me where that would go up to my elbow are oven mitts. Does she wonder why cinderella wears such fancy clothes with her oven mitts?!
Even though I never thought I would see that day, it is so fun to watch her imagine, dress up and go to another world. It is even more fun to watch her dad become the prince.


No comments: