Thursday, March 05, 2009

Stella Update

We went to the Hematologist this morning and had blood drawn again. All her numbers were going up! We were so relived and thankful. They still are not in 'normal' range, but they are climbing. We will go back next Wednesday to see if it continues to climb.
The Dr thinks it was a virus that intruded her bone marrow and now her body is healing from that.Which explains why her numbers continue to grow. We are so thankful her body is working hard. I can now unclench my jaw and sigh a releasing sigh!
It was pretty depressing being there in the Hematology unit. Most of the kids that came in were battling some form of cancer. There were multiple kids that had lost their hair, tired looking parents. It was really hard to be there. Today when we were checking in there was a bulletin board with drawings from kids on it. On of the drawings had a big heart with the word HOPE in the middle. Underneath the heart a child wrote, " I hope you survive like my brother did." makes your heart sink...

I am so thankful for the health of our family and my heart just breaks for the families that have to go there every day/week for their child. It is so hard to stomach kids that are that sick. It really just isn't fair. What rejoicing will happen the day all of that is wiped from this earth. Oh how I look forward to that day. But in the mean time...my heart has been made so heavy for those families with sick children. May God give them strength, hope, perseverance,patience and love.

2 comments:

Christi said...

SO heartbreaking...not fair at all. This news about Stella is GREAT.

The Yorks said...

Oh. I am fighting back tears. So true. I am happy for Stella and you guys.