Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yelling from the Mounian Tops


Stella had a blood draw and a hematologist appointment today. Over all, Stella has been in great spirits, despite getting over a BAD cold. Her skin looked great. Her bruising was fading and she just looked healthier.

We were waiting in the Dr office for the blood results to come in. I was betting my mom on what we thought her platelet number would be. It was 13 a week and a half ago. Then it went to 26, then to 45 and last Thursday to 65. So I was placing my bets on 90. If it was 100 it would be on the lowest end of the healthy range. So I thought she would be pretty close to that.

The nurse came in with the results and handed me the paper.

" Where is the platelet count. I don't see it on here?"

-it is right here-

Pause.....pause......pause......"What?? Are you sure that is right?"

-This is Stella right?-

"264"

"Her platelets are at 264!!!!!"

I can truly say for the first time in my life I was stunned. I was completely stunned. In disbelief.

Stella's Platelets are in the normal range. The high of the normal range. Her blood is normal.

The joy that followed was filled with tears, thanksgiving, relief, and unbelief. Thank you God for helping her body heal. No drugs, no medical intervention. Thank you God for my healthy, sweet, chubby Stella!!

1 comment:

The Yorks said...

Wow. God is SO SO good to us! Praise him for his miracles. I am so happy for little Stella. May we remember this when fears overwhelm us!