Monday, May 24, 2010





Stella's birth was a fast one. I started having contractions around 9 pm. I wasn't even sure they were contractions. Nate and I watched a movie, I made some cookie dough ( of course) and then about half way through the movie I thought I should try to get some sleep because this was going to happen soon. I laid in bed for an hour or so timing my contractions. Around 11:30 We called Nate's mom to come to the house because we thought we should go in. The worst that could happen is they send us home. By the time Nate's mom got to our house, 20 min later, I could hardly move without a contraction. I remember pausing by the kitchen sink on the way out the door. Breathe Breathe.

I hope I make it to the hospital. I realized then, I WAS IN LABOR. It was the longest car ride I had ever been on. I had no way of getting comfortable. I could not move. Pain was taking over. I was breathing. one two three. deep breath.

We got to the hospital 12:30 am. Left the keys in the car, I barely was able to walk in. I had to pause 3 or 4 times. Got to the front desk and they treated me like I was there to pick a book up at the library.

We finally got to the room, they checked me. I was at 8 centimeters. The nurses couldn't believe it. I knew it. An 2:30 am Stella was staring up at us.
I will never forget the pushing and the indescribable moment when she was out and there she lay with my chin, pink beautiful skin and eyes gazing back and forth between Nate and I. What a moment.
We love our Stella so much. She has added so much laughter and joy to our lives. She is the funniest kid I know. She loves to laugh, be silly, snuggle, get dirty, eats any and everything. She truly is a shining star in our life. Happy Birthday sweet girl.

1 comment:

The Yorks said...

I love this story more than you know. Especially now. :) I think she's gotta be one of the funniest kids I know too. Happy day of birth adorable Stella.!