Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fancy Day

Sending Sydney off to kindergarten for the first time this past fall was a lot harder than I anticipated it was going to be. I was so unsure of sending her out into 'the world' without me around or without people I knew around. It was really one of those times, one I am sure I will have a lot more of, when I have to just trust in the girl God has created her to be. Trust that she will love others, forgive others, invite others, observe first, think first and know no matter what she is loved and accepted just as she is.
Over and over again I have kicked myself for doubting that she was going to be just fine in her class. She has the greatest teacher who treats his students with love, respect and individuality. We are so lucky that she has Greg for a teacher.
This past week Greg invited the class to an 'All things Fancy Day'. I love that this was his idea and that he was the one organizing it. Stella and I were able to be in the classroom as helpers all day.
We all were fancy!

Sydney really wanted Stella her and ME to wear our wedding dresses. Sydney begged and pleated for me to PLEASE PLEASE wear my wedding dress. I did not win the mom of the year award this round. They decided to wear fancy dress ups. Phew!
Sydney told me the Greg was even going to wear a 'Torpedo'.


 They had extra fancy crowns to wear the whole day, decorated with jewels, feathers and sparkles.


 At snack time they had extra fancy sparkly juice.  Ooo Laa Laa were they ever feeling fancy. I heard so many sweet things throughout the day. One girl said, " Fancy day is just so special my eyes are getting wet."  All the kids were on their best behavior and used french words and wonderful manners. I loved serving them drinks and receiving a, 'mercep bokoop'.
 This boy just kills me. His personality fits this look to a T!

 Stella loved being a kindergartner for the day. All the kids invited her in like she was part of the class.
 They had special letterhead paper with their name printed extra fancy at the top. They even went on a small parade to the principles office and sang the office staff a beautiful song.



I am so thankful for the school our girls get to go to. So thankful for the thought and preparation Greg puts in to helping shape our precious kids. And I am thankful that I got to be a part of the fanciest day of the year!

No comments: