Monday, March 19, 2012

Insta- gram Monday

We have had quite the two weeks over here. First, it started out with a fever for a couple of days with Syd. It was rainy out which made it a little easier to stay inside and rest. We got out a weaving loom and started a project.

 This was my leg and ankle swollen due to a BAD case of poison oak.
And this was my leg and ankle swollen due to a rolled ankle during a basketball game I had no business playing in. Thankfully both problems are healing and I can almost say I am back to normal. When it rains it pours.





 Not the most flattering picture of my dear husband, but he too was plagued by poison oak. We both were put on a steroid. It was a crazy drug and we both felt horrible on it. Nate had more trouble on it than I did. His lips and face swelled and he had fluid filled hives on his body. Scary. Thankfully all is fine now, a couple $100 down the road for Dr visits.
 This wonderful produce showed up on our doorstep. A dear veggie fairy blessed us with it.

 We accumulated 10 inches of rain from the storm over a couple days.
 We were all feeling really cooped up inside. I really don't remember what we did when we lived in Portland. How quickly we forget. I AM SO THANKFUL for the wonderful mostly sunny and dry place we get to live.
 When it does rain, I am so thankful for a wonderful facility at Mount Hermon that we get to play in to get our crazies out. This day the kids were sailing on 'pirate ships'.



Stella learned to blow bubbles this week.  I can see more gum in the hair in our future.
It was a good week or two. Glad it is over. We are excited to be free of itching, free of swelling and free of rain.

No comments: