Thursday, February 05, 2009

One of those days


So it is one of those days when,


the house is a mess. Lots of dishes in the sink. Dirty socks on the floor, Yesterdays snack on the table, random toys in the corners and piles of laundry.


Feelings of missing the parenting mark. Today I was having a conversation with Sydney about how important it is to follow directions. I told her why we have directions and why they are good. She continued to reply that she was not going to follow directions. She said she didn't have to. Her face and serious as can be. After a time out, we talked about directions again and she told me it is important to follow directions so we can be safe and get to do fun things. So I thought to myself okay shes got it this time. So a few minutes go by and I ask her to start picking up her blocks. Her reply, " I am not listening to you." Talk about a little stinker!!

Sydney is not napping today. Oh how I need some time today. She is crying in her bedroom where Stella is sleeping. Oh please let Stella sleep through her crying.

My gray hairs didn't settle down today. I kinda have the Einstein thing going on.

My coffee is still sitting on the table. Half drunk and cold.

I think Stella ate some Yogurt today. We were at a friends house and I was not really paying much attention to Stella and next thing I know one of the little girls is standing by her with a gogurt wrapper in her hands and Stella is licking her lips. Hopefully she didn't get any. Not sure what would happen to her if she did. But I really don't want to find out

Really hope tomorrow I can see things through better eyes.......

1 comment:

The Yorks said...

Oh Allison! THIS is what you were talking about on Facebook, wasn't it? What a day! I am so sorry. I wish I was there to help you. :(