Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We all tried

It was a beautiful Oregon day. The sun was out. Not a could in the sky and we were at the Mountain. Sydney was going to try skiing. The night before she put her boots on and walked around the house. Clank, clank, thud, thud. She promised tomorrow she will put the skis on cause that is when we are going skiing.


Nate got the skis already for her to try out.


All you need to do is put your feet in the boots and I will be right here.



I am not so sure dad. I don't want to. no dad..........
You can do this Syd. It will be just like sledding but on you feet. And I am right here.
I just want to put on ski on and leave my snow boot on.
That is enough dad. I am all done. sniff sniff

Good Job Sydney. I am glad you tried it.


I just didn't want to dad. I don't want to ski.
I am glad you tried Syd.

I love you Daddy



I love you too, Sydney!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Yorks said...

Oh my goodness. That is SO precious. I totally feel for Sydney. Trying new things is hard! She's brave, she'll try again. I love that you guys are such great parents that there was no pressure or guilt tripping about the skiing. Way to go all of you!

Unknown said...

Good choice on where to teach Sydney to ski. The summit is the best hill on the mountain. Thats where I learned Way better than Buttercup. Nate as for forcing your kids to do things they don't want to do. Way to go. Someday they will thank you for it.

John